Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Friday, October 31, 2008

Danga Bay, Johore Bahru

As I didn't get the chance to go back to my hometown in Johor during the Raya celebrations (I celebrated in Kuching), I took this long weekend break during Diwali to drive to Johor Bahru. I had the chance to visit a lot of my relatives here. Of course, the stars from the sky guided me in this not so unfamiliar place.... GPS :)
Other than visiting my relatives and do a bit of shopping, I went to Danga Bay to hangout with my friend and do some night photography.

I went to Restoran Singgah Selalu which is located near Istana Bukit Serene with my friend, Hafiz for some supper and drinks.


Some of the rides at Danga Bay. Taken using long exposure on a tripod.


On the return trip back to KL, we stopped by Ayer Hitam to buy some pisang salai (smoked banana slices) and a vase. Ayer Hitam used to be a major route intersection before the opening of North-South Expressway. You could find alot of pottery products, snacks, fruits & vegetables being sold by the locals. It is normally packed with travellers during beginning & end of a holiday.

Various snacks being sold at Ayer Hitam.

Fruits, anyone?

We bought some pineapples with the 'crown' still intact. I'm planning to plant some in my front yard. I'll update later if plant grows.

4 comments:

Faridah said...

Fuh, rindu rasa nak balik JB. Bestnye singgah Ayer Hitam, dapat beli pisang salai ek.

How nice to plant pineapple. Buat buat rojak. yummm.

Zaid said...

A'ah ada banyak pisang salai zaid beli. Nanti nak bagi faridah sikit.

ada 3 pinapple zaid tanam; 2 sarawak, 1 josephine

Anonymous said...

i never been to JB..ape lg na g danga bay..hehe.. nice photos there..nati amek lg ok?

~epal

Zaid said...

Epal, no problem.
JB dekat je, bukan jauh sgt pun :)